Building a financial model is one of the hardest things to do for a startup, as you have very limited historical information to forecast with and many incertanties. Yet as complex and inaccurate this exercise may look like it is fundamental to the validation and fundraising of your Idea.
The service is designed to provide you with qualified walkthrough the process and arrive at a professional and close to reality financial model. Once set, it will be your tool to see the full picture of your Idea, make informed financial decisions and prepare for funding.
The service comes with an excel based financial tool forecasting the first 36 months after start, tailored to your Project and including at least:
- Revenue forecast for the next 36 months in terms of volume and value taking into consideration market size, target market share acquisition and pricing strategy;
- Fixed costs monthly forecast defining and analyzing the costs incurred regardless of sales activity;
- Variable costs forecast analyzing the expenses that are incurred with each sale including cost of sales estimation.
- Detailed CAPEX forecast including initial investment amount and subsequent funds needed for proper business operation
- Working Capital needs and Working Capital Cycle analysis;
- Monthly and annual reports including Break-even analysis, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow Statement, Balance sheet;
- Summary report with key considerations, operating KPIs and debt capacity analysis;
- Two additional scenarios estimating the effect on profitability if you adjust volume assumptions, lower asking price, generate higher level of costs and many other options.
- BONUS: One hour power session with the mentor with discussion the market verification of the assumptions between 3 and 6 months from start.
You will work together with the mentor combining live sessions and analytical part (questionnaires and excel forecasts and assumptions) and at the end of the process you will at least be able to:
- Have an instrument tailored to your Project that shows when and under your assumptions you will become profitable, includes detailed reports and your most important KPIs;
- See the full picture, identify key items and plan how to manage them;
- Evaluate how much funding you need for start, until break-even and for future growth;
- Assess how the different factors and assumptions drive your business performance;
- Plan for funding and be able to explain your idea to bankers and investors;
- Verify your assumptions and performance between 3 and 6 months from start, make the changes in your business and financial model and recalculate the effect.
How long does it take to complete the service?
Within six to eight weeks
How many hours does the mentor work in total? How many hours does the mentor work directly and personally with the startup?
At least 20 hours, which include 6 hours set into four working sessions with the startup to understand the Idea and business model, discuss the assumptions, make scenarios and have a final wrap up. Apart from the meetings, our mentor will spent at least 14 additional hours to analyse the results, make recommendations, prepare questionnaire and assumption templates tailored to Project.
- Devising a Budget and a Predictive Break-Even Analysis 690.00 лв. – 1,490.00 лв.
- Consulting on which external funding options are suitable for your startup based on the industry you operate in, your stage of development, and financial status 150.00 лв. – 450.00 лв.
- Action Plan for Y1 Devising & Completion 150.00 лв. – 800.00 лв.
- Information on available external funding options in Bulgaria 300.00 лв. – 450.00 лв.
- Information on available external funding options outside Bulgaria 390.00 лв.
- Pitch Deck for Investors 30.00 лв. – 800.00 лв.
- Completing all documents necessary in the process of applying for external funding